Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Photo Judging



Who judges the photos? As of now, it's me. However, I am looking to have three unbiased judges do the judging so I can eventually partake in my creation. But, if not I can deal with it. 


How are the photos judged? I've come up with a point system. Top score is 100 points. Photos will be judged by the following categories. 

  1. Is the photo Technically Correct: Is it in focus? Is there the right amount of detail? Is it over exposed, underexposed? (20 available points)
  2. Does it represent the Subject Matter? Does the photo fulfill the given assignment and requested requirements? (20 available points)
  3. How is the photos Composition? Is the photo visually appealing. Do all of the "ingredients" of the photo work together to make something great? Or,  does the eye get lost/distracted in other details? (20 available points)
Would I hang this photo on my wall? If a picture is good.. it's good. When I see good art, I want it. This category is simply how much the Judge(s) likes your photo. (40 available points)   


The Break Down
20 - Technically Correct 
20 -Subject Matter 
20 - Composition
40 - Wall Worthy 
_______________________
100 - Total Available Points



No comments:

Post a Comment